Tuesday 17 March 2015

DAY THIRTEEN (one of my lucky numbers!)

DAY THIRTEEN: do you have regrets?

Side note: yes, I know, I know. I'm posting like a week late. I've been busy!

Anyway...

To put it simply, no, I don't have regrets. Sure, there are moments when I look back and think: "wow, that was stupid! I wish I hadn't done that..." etc. But in the big picture, I think it's silly to ensnare yourself in something as silly as regret.

(Here comes the big philosophical thing...)

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. Even the most terrible things will one day have a positive side. For example, when my dad had to move away so that he could get a job. At first, I was devastated. I still am sometimes! But throughout these past few years my dad and I have really become closer. Now every time we spend time together, it's more special than before.

If everything happens for a reason, then there is no point in wishing you could change the past. And I know that sometimes regret can be a horrible feeling, and it's not just regret either. Wanting to just build a time machine and go back in time is something that I think everyone has longed for at one point or another. But like I said, if it all happens for a reason, even the most horrendous things in life will one day lift you up.

*throws confetti and glitter at you*
-FoxFace :3

No comments:

Post a Comment